According to local authorities, a “massive missile attack” by Russia on civilian structures in the Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih resulted in at least three fatalities and 25 injuries.
According to Serhiy Lisak, the governor of the Dnipropetrovsk region, where Kryvyi Rih is situated, one of the civilian infrastructure targets of the early-morning attack on Tuesday was a multi-story residential building.
“A five-story building got destroyed. According to initial reports, three of its residents died. 25 people were injured,” Lisak said on the Telegram.
Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the president of Ukraine, sent his sympathies to the families of the victims and said that “terrorists” in Russia “will never be forgiven” and would be “held accountable for every missile they launch.”
Sadly, there are casualties and injuries. In Kryvyi Rih, the rescue effort is still in progress. My sympathies to everyone who has lost a loved one, the man tweeted. Oleksandr Vilkul, the mayor of the city, stated earlier on Tuesday that there were probably people trapped beneath the wreckage of the buildings damaged in the most recent attack.
Social media users posted videos purportedly from the Kryvyi Rih attack that showed destroyed residential flats, as well as other locations covered in rubble and burning.
According to Ukraine’s highest military command, air forces shot down 10 of the 14 cruise missiles Russia fired against Ukraine on Tuesday as well as one of the four drones produced in Iran.
How many missiles hit Kryvyi Rih and where the drones launched from Russia actually made contact with their targets were not immediately known.