Dubai has always been at the forefront of innovation, adopting new technology and ideas to mold its economic landscape as a centre for international trade. To create a business-friendly climate for businesses to flourish in Dubai, the city has undertaken a number of measures. For the enterprises that are growing here, the city provides tax advantages, lowers administrative barriers, and provides modern infrastructure. Additionally, the city has created free zones, which have advantages including complete foreign ownership and less complicated laws. Dubai has organized expos and events around the world to draw business and encourage networking. The goal of each of these projects is to develop a dynamic environment that will foster company expansion and innovation.
Dubai has transformed business practices by introducing the concept of a virtual company license. The Dubai Virtual Commercial City program was established by the Dubai government to aid international entrepreneurs in entering the market. This daring effort aims to revolutionize entrepreneurship by providing an adaptable and effective platform for both domestic and foreign companies to succeed.
Learn everything there is to know about obtaining a Virtual Company License in Dubai, including the qualifications needed and the benefits it provides.
The Department of Economy and Tourism (DET), the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA), and Digital Dubai collaborated to launch the ground-breaking Dubai Virtual Commerce City program. The guidelines outlined in Article 3 of the 50 Year Charter, which was unveiled in 2019 by H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, are followed by the Virtual Commercial City. This program was born out of the premise that regional boundaries shouldn’t be a constraint on company ideas.
With the help of this initiative, business owners and independent contractors from across the globe can establish a virtual company in the UAE even if they don’t live there. This suggests that a person can run a business in the UAE with just a virtual company license and no resident visa or permit.
The first digital commerce metropolis in the world is now called Dubai Virtual Commercial metropolis. This initiative offers a trade zone free of any import taxes, tariffs, or restrictions. The Dubai Virtual Commerce City program includes the Virtual Company License. With the use of this license, businesses can function online without having to maintain a physical presence in Dubai. Due to the fact that enterprises can now establish themselves in Dubai without the traditional need for office space or warehouses, it is a desirable alternative for startups, independent contractors, and foreign businesses wishing to tap into the city’s burgeoning market.
This virtual environment serves as a controlled online environment where remote entrepreneurs and independent contractors can carry out a variety of tasks. This method of starting and running a firm is revolutionary. Dubai is establishing new benchmarks for the global business community by doing away with the requirement for physical presence and embracing digital entrepreneurship. The owners of virtual company licenses in Dubai can take part in a variety of activities such as researching new markets, making investments, closing deals, maintaining all of their business activities online, and handling official papers.
Future developments will be significantly impacted by the introduction of this license. By enabling companies to do worldwide business from any location and dismantling geographical boundaries, it is poised to change the landscape of global business. As a result, companies would have easier access to the market in Dubai and will be free to explore new opportunities. It is anticipated that it will fuel economic expansion and draw a variety of businesses, encouraging more international investment. The focus on digital operations will probably encourage advancements in technology usage and online business methods.
Eligible for a Virtual Company License in Dubai
For the purpose of applying for a virtual company license in Dubai, the firm owners or investors must fulfill certain requirements. These requirements must be satisfied by applicants for a virtual corporation license in Dubai.
- People should not reside in the United Arab Emirates.
- The person must be a citizen or tax resident of one of the authorized foreign nations.
- Only those who can conduct location-independent commercial activities in the pre-defined sectors—which center on the creative industries, technology, and services—may form virtual companies in Dubai.
Other requirements in Dubai for acquiring a license for a virtual corporation are:-
- Based on where you work and tax agreements, you will be required to pay taxes in the country where you are registered or where you reside.
- You are required to register with the UAE Federal Tax Authority and pay a 5% Value Added Tax (VAT) if your virtual firm generates more than $100,000 in annual revenue in the United Arab Emirates.
- You, your partners, directors, or staff do not automatically have permission to go to the UAE just because you have a virtual company license in Dubai.
- Individuals from the UAE are not permitted to possess your virtual company. No one from the UAE may serve as a local director, auditor, or qualified business service provider.
Obtaining a Virtual Company License in Dubai
- Step 1: Company Registering:To start the registration procedure, you must go to the Dubai Virtual Commerce City (DVCC) website. You will be required to fill out a form where you will be asked for information about your company, the kind of business activity you plan to conduct, your personal details, and any prior employment history you may have had in Dubai.
- Step 2: Documents Submission:The required documentation must be uploaded when you register your business on the DVCC website. A passport copy (valid for at least three months), a current photo on a white backdrop, proof of address, and proof of tax residency are needed to apply for a virtual company license in Dubai.
- Step 3: Tracking Process:Following the submission of your application, the government agencies will conduct an authentication process on the information you provided. It is essential to make sure that all the information you gave is accurate because this stage often takes a month. If there are any errors, your application could be rejected, which would lengthen the process overall and force you to start over. You will receive an email informing you of the outcome of the authentication procedure, including whether your application has been accepted or rejected.
- Step 4: Verification of application:After your application has been accepted, you must visit VFS Global in person to have your identity and passport verified. A visit to VFS Global can be planned by making an appointment. Along with any additional taxes that may be charged in your nation, you will be required to pay a service fee of about 300 AED.
- Step 5: Payment:The next step is to pay for getting the virtual company license when you’ve finished the identity verification process at VFS Global. You can pay for this using the authorized payment processor known as ePay, which is offered by Smart Dubai, a division of the Dubai Government. For the license, you must pay AED680 annually and AED200 for the trade name reservation.
Advantages of a Virtual Company License in Dubai
- Less expensive: Because operating in a virtual environment is more affordable, entrepreneurs may make wiser investments.
- Financial savings: By eliminating traditional costs like travel, office rent, and lodging, money may be set aside for company growth.
- Streamlined operations: All business operations can be readily managed online, simplifying and streamlining office procedures.
- New consumers, markets, and investment opportunities can all be accessed by becoming a member of the DVCC community. Additionally, it enables you to be included in online organization directories, increasing your connections and visibility.
- Access to DubaiStore.com: DubaiStore.com, an online market serving all businesses registered with Dubai Economy, will be made available to all virtual businesses.
Computer programming, consultancy, and related activities
- Computer Systems & Communication Equipment Software Design
- Electronic Chips Programming
- Social Media Applications Development & Management
- Cyber Security Architecture
- Public Networking Services
- Cyber Risk Management Services
- Auditing, Reviewing, and Testing Cyber Risks
- Managed Cyber Security Services Provider
- Marketing Services Via Social Media
- Fashion Design
- Jewelry Design
- Design Services (interior design, garden design)
- Calligraphers & Painters
- Product Design
Service activities related to printing and advertising
- Books Binding
- Typesetting Services
- Color Separation Services
- Design & Artwork Services
- Greeting Cards Production & Distribution Services
- Promotional Gifts Preparing