21.9 C
Dubai
April 3, 2025
World

King Charles’ cancer treatment progressing well

King Charles’ cancer treatment is progressing well and will continue into next year, a Buckingham Palace source said, as the British royals prepare for their annual Christmas get-together after a “brutal” year for the family.In February, the palace revealed the 76-year-old, who became king in 2022, had been diagnosed with an unspecified form of cancer detected in tests after a corrective procedure for an enlarged prostate.While he was able to return to public duties two months later, the number of engagements has been limited on medical advice, something which the noted workaholic has found difficult.“His treatment has been moving in a positive direction and as a managed condition the treatment cycle will continue into next year,” the palace source said on Friday.The palace source said there had been no change in Charles’ health and the news that his treatment would continue in 2025 did not represent any significant update.But his busy pre-Christmas schedule, which concluded on Friday with a visit to the northeast London district of Walthamstow that staged a large counter-protest in August in response to nationwide rioting, was an indication of his determination to stay busy.In October, Charles and his wife Camilla made a brief stopover in India where they stayed at a holistic health centre following his first major trip since being diagnosed with cancer to Australia and Samoa.

Related posts

US calls deadly Israeli air strike ‘horrifying’

Lonely sunfish in Japan gets cardboard human friends

admin

Death toll from Germany car ramming rises to five

Over 423,000 displaced Palestinians return to Northern Gaza Strip – UN

admin

Venezuela’s Maduro is sworn in for 3rd term

admin

Slain Olympian buried with full military honours

Leave a Comment